Skiing and snowboarding can be enjoyed in many ways, Alpine, snowboard; telemark and other specialized ski equipment, such as adaptive equipment may be found at Alpine Valley Resort. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can reduce.
Observe the code listed below and share with other skiers the responsibility for a great skiing experience.
1. Always stay in control
2. People ahead of you have the right of way
3. Stop in a safe place for you and others
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging, look uphill and yield
5. Use devices to help prevent runaway equipment
6. Observe signs and warnings, and keep off closed trails
7. Know how to use the lifts safely
Be safety-conscious and KNOW THE CODE. IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. This is a partial list. Officially endorsed by the National Ski Area Association.
MAKE A PLAN- Every time you use freestyle terrain, make a plan for each feature you want to us. Your speed, approach and take off will directly affect your maneuver and landing.
LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP- Scope around the jump first, not over them. Know your landings are clear and clear yourself out of the landing area.
EASY STYLE IT- Start small and work your way up. (Inverted aerials not recommended.)
RESPECT GETS RESPECT- From the lift line through the park.