We are excited and optimistic about the winter ahead, and like all winters, there will be new challenges to overcome together. As colder temperatures approach, Alpine Valleys’ response to COVID-19 will be ever-changing as new information and guidelines become available from the CDC, State, and Local Health Authorities.
Procedures, and Restrictions
- Face coverings will be required when 6 feet of social distancing between customers and/or staff is not possible. Examples:
The Lift Line
The Chairlift Chair if accompanied by another participant, not in your group
- Be Courteous to others at all times, give people their space – ask about sharing a chairlift prior to getting on.
- In the lift line, maintain a tip to tail distance from people in front of you.
- Tailgating and large group gatherings in the parking lots will not be allowed. Only parties that arrived at the ski area together with can gather. Groups should have no more than 10 individuals outdoors from no more than 2 households.
- More outdoor seating will be available this season.
- Please check the website for posted hours of operation before coming.
Riding Chair Lifts:
- Face coverings must be worn when loading the chair lift and when riding the lift with people not from your party.
- If you come together, please ride the chair lift together - parties/families are encouraged to fill the lift whenever possible
- We ask that single riders load the quad chairs 1 on each side of the chair
- Individual riders that do not want to ride with others will not be forced to
- Realize that this may lead to longer lift lines and a longer wait - anticipate longer waits on weekends and holidays
- The natural distance created between skis and snowboard will allow for social distancing in the lift line from forward and behind - we will also create lift mazes that will assist with socially distancing participants side to side, when inline
- Buildings will have capacity restrictions and only be for dining customers and bathroom use.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times except when drinking/eating
- Hand sanitizer stations will be readily available in common areas.
- AVR staff will routinely disinfect high-touch surfaces.
- Seating will be configured to allow for distancing.
Food and Beverage
- Face coverings must be worn at all times except when drinking/eating.
- Do not remove face coverings until seated.
- When getting out of your seat - please put face-covering back on.
- Offerings will be limited this season.
- Rearranging and moving tables will not be allowed.
- Outdoor ticket windows will be open for guests not wanting to go indoors.
- If going indoors, the front doors will be the entrance and everyone will be asked to exit using the side doors.
- We ask that everyone come prior to opening day and pick up their passes. This will eliminate the long lines on opening day.
- As rentals may be more limited than in previous years, and we wish to decrease the customer’s time spent in the rental shop – we are strongly encouraging customers to get dressed in their vehicles.
- We will be disinfecting our rental boots and helmets after each use.
- Bags must be kept in either a locker or in your car. Locker Space is Limited!
- Private and Family Lessons will be available.
- Space is limited. All students must wear face mask through out the lesson. It maybe necessary during the lesson the Instructor will be in closer proxitity to accomplish required task.
- More information TBD.
- Unless there is a breathing impediment, patrollers will require customers to be masked before administering care.
- Customers will not be allowed into the Patrol Building, except for a medical emergency.
State and Local Restrictions
The State of WI is currently under a mask mandate until January 2021. The mandate states the face coverings must be worn indoors except for private residences; with several exceptions.
These policies and procedures are subject to change based on statewide protocol. Thanks for your patience.